Thursday, July 14, 2011

Staying healthy in your hovel

This is me now because of
my awful eating habits
Photo: Famar
Do you know what I had to eat today? A piece of toast with cream cheese, coffee, a piece of bread with mayonnaise and a fried egg and a microwave brownie. Do you know what I got done today? Practically nothing. And my tummy hurts. I think it's safe to say that I know from experience that creative types don't always make the best choices when it comes to nutrition when we're working on a project. Ironically, if I had taken better care of myself I probably would have been more productive and I wouldn't be in this position.

Apparently it is important to maintain your health, no matter how creative you feel like you could be if you just munched on a bag of potato chips instead of eating an actual lunch.

Photo: Martin Cathrae
As I'm writing this, it occurs to me that there is a lot that goes into actually being healthy so I think I'm going to follow up with two separate posts: Exercise and Nutrition.  Both of which are important in staying happy and creative. For now, try to snack on fresh things like fruits and vegetables, eat lots of protein and remember that sitting down to an actual meal once in a while is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment